rule-list

Re: [RULE] Small hardware donations

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: Re: [RULE] Small hardware donations
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 00:12:07 -0700

From: Martin Stricker <address@hidden>

throw away the 4MB ones

No, no, no! Save them for the other fellow! :^) I know that I posted this already, but still.

check the load of the CMOS battery (keep all still
loaded CMOS batteries!

We have CMOS batteries. They are old, but still good. They were unused. I could try to test them.

Screws. As funny as this might sound, I'm always low on screws for
drives, mobos, cards, cases.

We have lots of these too.

As an exaple, I'm desparately looking for one or two *working* systems
each of i386/SX, i386/DX, i486/SX and i486/DX (the last one I'll get in
a year when our old Interactive Unix server at work will be retired) for
my home test booth. If anyone can help (not I'm in Germany), I would be
happy!

I could probably send a couple of those to you. We have an extra i486/DX complete with a motherboard, cards, & keyboard. I don't know what the other stuff is, but we probably could find something small enough.

--
Sincerely, & with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong

MSN Premium includes powerful parental controls and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines