rule-list

[RULE] Installation questions

From: Kevin Bullock
Subject: [RULE] Installation questions
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:15:11 -0500

Good afternoon all;

I feel quite frustrated trying to load RULE on my old Toshiba Satellite 200 CDS. I created two partitions: 1) root 180MB and 2) Swap 620MB [Which one should be bootable?] I successfuly loaded the boot disk and the image disk, then loaded from RH 7.3. I created a rescue disk. I waled away during installation and upon return found that it had skipped setting root password prompt. When installation is complete I reboot and receive a "Can't find operating system" message. I reboot with the rescue disk and must login as root since I couldn't set additional users. How do I start X? When I type dir I see that I have one directory: scripts. Within in scripts are some of the packages I installed, i.e. dial-up, etc. Where is the configuration file so I can use it to show what I have done? Arg. It is frustrating to want to use GNU/Linux and sack windoze, but Win9X install and runs trouble-free for me on this old box. All help is appreciated. Perhaps I am not knowledgable enough to install and run it?

Kevin