rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] ssh, was:nfs daemon problem

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] ssh, was:nfs daemon problem
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:21:40 -0600

At 4/27/2002 12:10 AM -0400, you wrote:
> IMHO, I'd say ssh is definitely something that should get installed.
> It's small, and nearly universally useful.

I couldn't agree more. However, it probably shouldn't be installed unless
the basic networking packages are also installed. ssh without a network
connection is somewhat pointless. <grin>

Gee, Dad, I think you might have a point here... <grin>

Yes, I'd agree that openssh, openssh-server, and openssh-clients should only be installed with basic networking. openssh-askpass should be installed if you have X and networking.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden