rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] ssh, was:nfs daemon problem

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] ssh, was:nfs daemon problem
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:54:03 +0200

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 20:11:02 at 08:11:02PM +0200, Martin Stricker wrote:

> The base install should not contain any networking software. Even though
> they would be usable through the loopback interface ......

I agree. There are still lot of uses for non networked boxes, and
adding networking software should be both voluntary, and, when needed,
educational (in the "telnet is insecure, why don't you choose ssh"
sense).

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti
                RULE project leader
--
We shall serve God, family and country, in that order, because without
the one before it, each would perish.