rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] test reports and benchmarks

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] test reports and benchmarks
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:50:13 -0600

At 4/25/2002 05:08 PM -0500, you wrote:

Here's my idea.

Good idea.

Anyone have any suggestions?

One: sadly, there is always out there some bastard who will try to screw with your results just to see if it can be done, or to muck up your database.

I suggest we allow only people who have registered Test PC's to submit such input, and check that the report submitted matches information they have provided previously such as CPU type, RAM installed, or other. I also suggest that the program somehow encrypt this file so it cannot be altered after generation... just so someone doesn't someday try to make his/her box look "faster".

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get me.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden