rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] defending the crown

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] defending the crown
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:53:10 -0600

At 4/7/2002 12:46 PM -0500, you wrote:
However the word rules (rulez) has become totally internationalised
as in the phrase

Linux rulez dood.

No offense to anyone, of course, but I have only seen that type of phrasing and spelling from immature teenagers bent on causing harm for the fun of mayhem; to me, and to some others I know, this has a very bad connotation.

While I do not wish to upset anyone, as I said, if there are a bunch of people who will take that negatively then we may choose to deliberately steer away from it to protect our image from misunderstanding by others.

(Even if the misunderstanding is the other guy's fault, still *we* get the bad rap from his prejudices.)

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden