rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] gentoo linux and nano

From: Martin Stricker
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] gentoo linux and nano
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 22:21:26 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> "A word of caution; get in the habit of always using the -w switch
> with nano. If you do not use the -w switch nano's word wrap feature
> will jack up your config files."
>
> Something we need to highlight.

Or we add an
alias nano=`nano -m`
to etc/profile... but that might not
be the preferred method to deal with this. The whole wrapping issue
makes me think of nano as a Windows-style application which imposes it's
own formatting instead of keeping the file the way it is... I'll use
vi(m) until after the RULE installation abd then install Emacs.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Webmaster-Forum: http://www.masterportal24.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi
Red Hat Linux 7.2 for low memory: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/