rule-list

[Rule-list] ANNOUNCE: FINAL RUSH FOR RULE LOGO

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] ANNOUNCE: FINAL RUSH FOR RULE LOGO
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 01:23:49 +0200

Hello,

It's time we reach a conclusion about the logo.

Some guidelines might be:

It should not rely, if possible, on jokes/associations
          valid only in one language, or meaningful only to hackers
          (of course we can exclude the penguin from the hacker-only
          concepts)

Hint if possible, to all faces of RULE: help schools, remove bloat,
                  nice hack, not necessarily in this order

Be readable even in black and white, be useable as an icon too, or at
                 least have an icon version

Avoid anything Red Hat specific, both to not piss their lawyers off
               with pointless copyright issues, and to stress the fact
               that much of RULE is not distro specific (not even
               Linux specific, for that matter...)

Please add/comment guidelines replying here on the list.

SUBMISSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be VERY GRATEFUL if all who submitted ideas on this list could
send them again to linuxdesk at inwind dot it, NOT HERE, as two/three
lines text suggestions, and, if at all possible, the URL of a picture
containing the logo itself. Also new ideas are welcome, of course.
Ask a graphically gifted friend to draw your idea if needed, that's
what I did today ;-) ...

Also, read www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/logo.html before submitting

DEADLINES: submissions must be received not later than April 13 2002.
           online vote on the list during the following seven days.

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti
                RULE project leader
--