rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Miniconda, slinky, and other OSes

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Miniconda, slinky, and other OSes
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 23:33:02 -0600

At 3/25/2002 10:49 PM -0500, you wrote:
Progress report:
Slinky (my test version) is now capable of doing (local network - dialup
isn't available) http and ftp installs. The user has to get the network
up and configured before running the script, but the tools are available,
and it isn't overly difficult. On my machine, it consists of saying:
insmod /mnt/floppy/modules/kernel/drivers/net/tulip/tulip.o
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.7

My God, man, you are good. :-)

I'll be back in Guatemala soon, so I should be able to get my Test PC identified and begin working on it mid- to late next week. Whenever this version of slinky is ready for testing, there's an 8MB 486 with Ethernet and no CD-ROM waiting for it.

Bravo!

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden