ruby-tut-developer

[ruby-tut] CVS tree layout + XSL

From: Laurent Sansonetti
Subject: [ruby-tut] CVS tree layout + XSL
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:21:44 +0200

Hi!

Since I consider to work on the GNOME tutorial as soon as possible, I think we
should revise a bit the current CVS tree layout.

Here is my suggestion:

  share
    xsl    (stylesheets)
    mk     (the common Makefile)
  beginner
    de
    en
    fr
    it
  gnome

Instead of:

  beginner
    template
      xsl
    en

---

The reason is obviously to share the Makefile and the XSL stylesheets
for both the beginner and the gnome tutorials.

About the Makefile:

The shared Makefile should be called by each individual Makefile (from
de/Makefile, en/Makefile...), instead of being included (since BSD make and GNU
make does not have the same syntax to include files).

We should also provide a way to upload directly the individual xhtml directory
contents into the web CVS repository.  This action can be handled by 'make
install'.

About the stylesheets:

We should hack the stylesheets to add some colors, to have a beautiful CSS, to
display the "ruby" background, (same as Daniel's html tutorial), etc...

Anyone here with some XSL experience?  I find the syntax quite horrible (it
looks like a merge between XML and Perl :p).

--
Laurent