Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Plans?

From: Joe Steele
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Plans?
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 13:38:43 -0400

On 5/24/2013 4:25 PM, Edward Ned Harvey (rdiff-backup) wrote
> There are still a bunch of people out there who know svn because of
> work and haven't surmounted the obstacle of learning git...  I chose
> svn to be conservative and avoid creating any obstacles for new
> developers.
> Anybody who's in love with git is probably already using git2svn for
> other projects ...

I am only a casual git user. Nonetheless, I didn't find learning git to be any sort of obstacle -- but to each his own. For me, reading about git internals was quite helpful in understanding about how it worked:

Interestingly, a search for rdiff-backup on github comes up with several things that are related: