Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Plans?

From: Edward Ned Harvey (rdiff-backup)
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Plans?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 18:07:18 +0000

> From: rdiff-backup-users-bounces+rdiff-
> address@hidden [mailto:rdiff-backup-users-
> address@hidden On Behalf Of Kevin
> Fenzi
>
> Sure. If we can document how to setup and test we could also get others
> doing them. Also, might look into something like buildbot or jenkins.

I'm not familiar...

> Sure. I think it's important to get maint back on track before really
> digging into any development. Just fixing easy bugs/docs and getting a
> new maint release out there will also cause people to see that things
> are flowing again and potentially add a bunch of developers to help
> with new features too.

That is truly an excellent point.

> Thanks for the thoughts. Do post to the list when/if you need help on
> anything.

I always say, there are two characteristics of good technical managers.  The
obvious one is enough breadth and depth of technical knowledge to make
generally good decisions about strategy and direction.  But at LEAST equally
important, is the ability to know your team, know your resources, their
motivations, their limits.  PEOPLE management.

Frankly, I rate myself as an intermediate python developer, who's also rusty.
I'm a damn good sysadmin, and extremely computer-sciency in general, with a
fair amount of access to compute resources.

"Post when/if I need help on anything" you say.   ;-)  I think the correct
response for me, is to say, what would you be interested in working on or
contributing?