Re: [rdiff-backup-users] help with command line

From: Steven Adeff
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] help with command line
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 20:03:31 -0400

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Jakob Unterwurzacher <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 08/06/10 00:37, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> perfect, thanks!
>> second question...
>> so I have a directory,
>> /media/storage/2/Music/Music
>> of which I have some specific folders I want to rdiff-backup to one drive,
>> /media/storage/1/Music
>> and all the rest I want to rdiff to another drive. So I understand I
>> can use the exclude command for the second case with an exclude file
>> like such:
>> rdiff-backup --exclude-globbing-filelist rdiff-music.globlist
>> /media/storage/2/Music/Music/ /media/storage/3/Music
>> but what is the best way to tell rdiff-backup that I want to only
>> backup the specific set of directories in that globlist file?
>> If I use it as an include-globbing-filelist it complains that
>> including is it's normal action, but I don't quite get how to tell it
>> to exclude everything *but* what I want it to include.
> You'd do that by including some files and then excluding everything.
> Like
>  rdiff-backup --include /foo/onlythis --exclude /foo /foo /dest
> For more, see "FILE SELECTION" in
> http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup.1.html , it's quite well
> explained.

 so what the file is saying is
 rdiff-backup --include-globbing-filelist music.glob --exclude
/media/storage/2/Music/Music/ /media/storage/2/Music/Music

 will include all the directories in /media/storage/2/Music/Music that
 are listed in my music.glob file since the include comes first. even
 if the exclude excludes the same folder

 here's the problem. that doesn't work.