Re: [rdiff-backup-users] help with command line

From: Jakob Unterwurzacher
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] help with command line
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:36:39 +0200

On 12/06/10 03:59, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>>  so what the file is saying is
>>>  rdiff-backup --include-globbing-filelist music.glob --exclude
>>> /media/storage/2/Music/Music/ /media/storage/2/Music/Music
>>> /media/storage/1/Music
>>>  will include all the directories in /media/storage/2/Music/Music that
>>>  are listed in my music.glob file since the include comes first. even
>>>  if the exclude excludes the same folder
>>>  here's the problem. that doesn't work.
>>> -steve
>> Hmm, I thought that was exactly what you wanted - include a
>> hand-selected list of folders and exclude everything else. Could you
>> give an example (i.e. list some folders) and what you want to happen?
>> Jakob
> ok, so I have
> /media/storage/2/Music/Music
> within it I have
> Podcasts
> and the only ones I want to include are:
> /media/storage/2/Music/Music/HDTracks
> /media/storage/2/Music/Music/KEXP Song of the Day
> /media/storage/2/Music/Music/My Amazon
> /media/storage/2/Music/Music/My eMusic
> /media/storage/2/Music/Music/My CDs
> (which is my music.glob file)
> what I can't get it to do is ignore all the others. all I can manage
> to do is get all of them or none of them...

I'm starting to think you see this bug:

Could you extract the attached tar.gz to a empty directory, cd to it,
and send the output?

For reference, this is the output here, and you see that dst does NOT
contain not.1 and not.2 .
$ ./run.sh
rdiff-backup 1.2.8
dst  filelist  run.sh  src

rdiff-backup-data  yes.1  yes.2

chars_to_quote                                 increments

not.1  not.2  yes.1  yes.2