Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup on USB distro

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup on USB distro
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:26:16 +0000

Sorry I don't know of any at the moment. I use Devil-Linux (http://www.devil-linux.org/), and have requested that rdiff-backup be added.

Let me know whether you find an alternative. If no other USB-stick distros support it then that alone is a good reason to add rdiff-backup to Devil-Linux.

Dominic

Renato E. Silva wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering, is there any distribution that is bootable from an USB stick and has rdiff-backup for use? I'm trying to mount a backup server but my boss would like me to check if there's a simple distribution so we could run from an USB stick. I've been looking around on DSL, Puppy and even FreeNAS but no luck though.

I appreciate any help or directions.

Renato E. Silva