Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "librsync error 100" when trying to backup

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "librsync error 100" when trying to backup
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:01:59 -0400

On Oct 23, 2008, at 11:23 AM, dchiang wrote:
I seem to be running into some errors when trying to back up a couple of outlook PST files. These files usually range from around 1 to 4 GB in size.

A couple of questions:

- Was Outlook open at the time of the backup?
- What version of Windows are you using?
- What type of processor? (x64 or 32-bit)

The error message you got is a very low-level IO error which I suspect is happening because Windows (except for Vista, I believe) has a very tough time trying to backup open files.

Andrew