Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "librsync error 100" when trying to backup

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "librsync error 100" when trying to backup
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:57:21 +0200

> There is a bug in librsync which is triggered by very large files >=
> 4GB, I believe. Unfortunately, I did not think to include the patch in
> the Windows build. I will make sure it is in the next release.

FWIW, I have definitely seen this problem every now and then
historically on hosts involving only *nix; I got the impression it
tended to happen for files that were both (1) large, and (2) being
changed under the feet of rdiff-backup during the backup.

I don't have specific information anymore, and I couldn't tell whether
it is true in modern versions (I haven't seen it for a while, but that
may be because I do almost exclusively backups on snapshotted file
systems nowadays).

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'