Re: [rdiff-backup-users] skipping .* files and directories

From: Kurt Yoder
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] skipping .* files and directories
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:58:13 -0400

On Sep 26, 2007, at 4:43 PM, James V wrote:

I am backing up a directory that contains several user directories. I would like to skip all the dot files and directories in each user directory (.*) without specifying the full path for each user (i.e. /home/user1/.* /home/user2/.*). Is there an easy way to skip all .* files and directories using the exclude options without specifying the full path? My attempts to do this have failed but admittedly I am not well versed in python regular expressions or extended shell patterns.

Thanks,
James

Doesn't /home/user/**.* work?