[rdiff-backup-users] skipping .* files and directories

From: James V
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] skipping .* files and directories
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:43:03 +0000

I am backing up a directory that contains several user directories.  I would like to skip all the dot files and directories in each user directory (.*) without specifying the full path for each user (i.e.  /home/user1/.* /home/user2/.*).  Is there an easy way to skip all .* files and directories using the exclude options without specifying the full path?  My attempts to do this have failed but admittedly I am not well versed in python regular expressions or extended shell patterns.

Thanks,
James