Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup for email

From: roland
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup for email
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 01:50:56 +0100

it`s important to have _both_ backups for mysql or other databases.
if your database isn`t that big, i would always recommend backing up the database files _and_ a dumpfile.

i have seen mysqldump fail on certain condition, e.g. http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=10249 and the file level backup saved my day after recognizing the restore via dumpfile causing data corruption.

roland

----- Original Message ----- From: "Iain Dooley" <address@hidden>