Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup bug (triggered by FUSE)

From: Yoav
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup bug (triggered by FUSE)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 03:02:42 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Ben Escoto wrote:

Thank you for this great bug report.  I was also able to consistently
trigger it with EncFS.  Try the patch at:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup/backup.py.diff?r2=1.30.2.2&r1=1.30.2.1&diff_format=u

Also I came across a related fs_abilities.py problem that this patch

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup/rpath.py.diff?r2=1.87.2.2&r1=1.87.2.1&diff_format=u

may help with.  (Both of these are for the stable branch.)  I hope
this fixes the NFS bug people have been reporting for years...

Thanks for the quick fix.  And I'm glad I could help with the report.

I verified it with 1.0.2. Problem solved. I also think there's a good chance it'll solve the non-consistent NFS problem.

Now, if only Debian would include it... :)

        Yoav