Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Long path problem

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Long path problem
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:57:45 -0600

> I don't need it mirrored as such, it was a kind of stress test for
> rdiff-backup. But I think it shows that rdiff-backup may have problems
> backing up some legitimate directory structures, and that the long path
> problem is not just theoretical.

Oh I see, I've done something similar on my system and know errors can
be produced.  I'm not sure your example qualifies as a legitimate
directory structure though :-)

I think most people will be fine until their paths reach about 3950
chars.  So I was mainly wondering if it's ok to skip paths longer than
that, or if someone actually has data they want to save in files whose
paths are 5kB long.