Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Crash whilst regressing file

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Crash whilst regressing file
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:55:25 -0600

> I've been running rdiff-backup for a while now to backup a remote server
> to a local NFS mounted disk.  It's all been working fine.
>
> But recently a backup failed and any subsequent attempts result in the
> crash detailed below.

Some people have reported problems with rdiff-backup over NFS (not
this particular problem though).  Can you try running

   rdiff-backup --check-destination-dir repository-path

on a machine local to the repository (so it's not NFS mounted)?  Also
NFS problems are often inconsistent, if you run it again it may work
the second time.