Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff to SMB share?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff to SMB share?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:49:51 -0600

Hmm, both of these problems (with v1.0.1 and the devel version) where
raised in the sanity-checking part, where rdiff-backup is examining
the basic properties of your file system.

> Ok.  I installed the latest release.  Now I get this:
>

> rdiff-backup --exclude /home/matt/.ccache --exclude
> /home/matt/.thunderbird --exclude /home/matt/tools /home/matt/
> /mnt/linkstation/mnt1/test/
>     os.rmdir(path)
> OSError: [Errno 16] Device or resource busy:
> '/mnt/linkstation/mnt1/test/rdiff-backup-data/rdiff-backup.tmp.5'

Hmm, is anything in that directory?  Anyone know what could cause this
error on an SMB filesystem?

If the problem is just that random basic directory delete operations
don't work on your filesystem, then I don't think there is much hope
for rdiff-backup.