Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Automatic setting of "chars_to_quote"

From: Robert Shaw
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Automatic setting of "chars_to_quote"
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:11:26 -0700

Hi again,

On Jun 8, 2004, at 2:00 PM, Robert Shaw wrote:
The rdiff-backup code properly recognizes the destination backup drive as "case-insensitive" (i.e. HFS), and the source drive as "case-insensitive" (i.e. also HFS) and thus enables character quoting for capitalized letters (A-Z).

Let me clarify that it properly recognizes the destination backup drive as "case-insensitive", but it never really checks that the source drive is also "case-insensitive" (but it does recognize it as an HFS/Mac OS X drive which is case-insensitive). I think that it should check both for case-insenitivity and use that to determine if the destination backup should have chars_to_quote enabled.

Thanks.
-Robert