Re: [rdiff-backup-users] burning increments on CDR?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] burning increments on CDR?
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 12:22:52 -0700

  NF> hello list is there a simple way to burn increments on CDR for a
  NF> more reliable backup? IIRC rdiff-backup is more directed towards
  NF> backups on file servers.

Sorry, I don't know of any non-awkward way.  The problem is that, in
general, the increments are only useful if the mirror data is
available.  And that changes every time you back up, so it's not a
very good match with CDR.

You could burn the whole thing on a CDR though.  For instance if your
backup was small enough you could back up for a month, and then burn
the whole destination directory onto a CDR.  I'm not sure about the
capabilities of the default CDR filesystem though.  They probably
don't support hard links and such.