re[4]: [rdiff-backup-users] burning increments on CDR?

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: re[4]: [rdiff-backup-users] burning increments on CDR?
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 18:16:04 -0400

 >>  > UDF is _not_ supported in any distro I know of (including SuSE), but
 >>  > they are trying to get it into the 2.6 kernel.

 >>  Isn't UDF filesystem a part of the kernel yet? At least there is
 >>  UDF-support in the "gentoo-sources"-kernel that is availiable from the
 >>  portagetree in gentoo.

 >>  I do not know what userspace-tools one would need..

 >>  Christian

I don't think UDF is in the vanilla kernel yet.  Gentoo must be doing that
themselves.

You can find the latest patches at
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/patches/packet/2.4/

And it is on the todo list for pre-2.6.0 per
http://www.kernelnewbies.org/status/latest.html

Also, per http://lists.suse.com/archive/packet-writing/2003-Apr/0020.html it
only supports CD-RW drives.

Don't know if that works for the original need or not.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer