[RP] dealing with xine

From: Aaron Griffin
Subject: [RP] dealing with xine
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:50:32 -0600

This is just a question for anyone out there who uses xine.

How do you deal with it?

Xine has a few issues in a ratpoison-like environment (perhaps things
like dwm as well). Namely:

* the fake "dialogs" it uses become tiled across the screen. See
http://phraktured.net/screenshots/ss-20060525000557.png for reference.

* The right-click menus seem to be handled as independent top-level
windows.  This causes ratpoison to center them and lay them on top of
each other. See
http://phraktured.net/screenshots/ss-20060525000723.png for reference.

Both of these irritate the crap out of me.  I know it has nothing to
do with ratpoison, but I am curious if anyone works around these in
any way.  And, no, "use mplayer" is not a proper solution.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron