[RP] is this against the philosophy?

From: Aaron Griffin
Subject: [RP] is this against the philosophy?
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:48:12 -0600

So here's what I'd like to do... if this is against the core
philosophy, feel free to call shenanigans on me.

new setting "set automaximize off" - automaximize is the default
behavior, with maximized windows.

With this off, windows' size hints are honored and a window is started
centered.  This functionality would include some command additions:
a) sizewin- This command accepts an integer step value for the
adjustment to all sides.  i.e. ":sizewin -1" will shrink a window by
one pixel or one increment (if it uses them).  I might also have it
flip into a 'resize' style mode without a step value.  Potentially,
this could also be used as a resize in the case of a split frame,
which is maxed on all but one side.
b) maximizewin - Simply maximizes the window in it's frame, honoring
the max size hints if they are present.
c) minimizewin - Minimizes the window based on the minimum size hints.
 This will probably mostly break things... so it may be removed...

So, what do you all think?  I don't doubt I could patch this stuff in
a few days (assuming my other arbitrary projects don't get in the
way), but I just want to know what you all think.  I work better when
I have some support (even if it's one guy), so I'm putting this out
there right now.

Feel free to give me any and all input.

- Aaron