Re: [RP] window numbering bug/race?

From: Joshua Neuheisel
Subject: Re: [RP] window numbering bug/race?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:23:21 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
"ratpoison -c windows" shows that I have 12 windows, two of which are
numbered "10".  If I select window 9 and go "next", I get one of
them; if I select 0 and go "prev", I get the other.  One is an xterm,
the other is a dclock; they were all started sequentially using
xtoolwait (thus rapidly, but in a well defined order.)

First noticed it with 1.3.0-7 under ubuntu; that doesn't mean it
wasn't happening under debian, but I hadn't *noticed* it there.  Built
from CVS a few days ago, with the latest ChangeLog entry being
2005-11-05, and it still happens the same way.

I haven't dug deeper yet, other than to check the mailing list for the
last couple of months and not see any mention of it.  I can try
turning on PRINT_DEBUG and see what the new-frame calculations do; any
other suggestions?

I've seen this before, but I can't reproduce it. Does it happen every time you start RP?

Joshua