qsos-general

[QSOS-general] QSOS on the move

From: raphael
Subject: [QSOS-general] QSOS on the move
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:51:07 +0200

Hi,

During last weeks, we've got a lot of activity around QSOS:

  -QSOS 1.5 is not available in English and French and ready to be published.
  -Perl library QSOS::Document and qsos-qteditor was released (no official
announce for the moment because of XML format change).
  -We have now an English/French website.
  -A Java librairy will be released ASAP.

####
Changes in QSOS method:
Since Integration section wasn't generic enouch it had been removed.

In "Industrialised solution", "Instalation, deployment" section had been
replaced by a Packaging section and a list of different operating systems.
The old section wasn't clear enouch to cover difference between for example
deployment on Linux and on Windows.

####
Changes in XML file:
For QSOS 1.6 we decided to have a XML format realy close to the method.
Change we made:
Now we give detail for score in every section like this
<desc0>Score 0 if feature doesn't exist</desc0>
<desc1>Score 1 if feature exist but have issues</desc1>
<desc2>Score 1 if feature is ok</desc2>

The "global" has been rewritten to respect QSOS method specification.
kolab sheet has been updated to respect the new format:
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/qsos/qsos/sheet/groupware/kolab/kolab.qsos

We think that the format is strong and shouldn't change anymore.

###
Things to do:
Since the XML format changed a lot and we need to release:
  -new xslt translation sheet
  -new QSOS::Document library
  -new qsos-qteditor
We think that the License section need some change to remove the ambiguity
between Open Source and real Free Software (Libre).

We look for people who want to create sheet, librairy or application.

Regards,

The QSOS team.