qsos-general

[QSOS-general] License list

From: Gonéri Le Bouder
Subject: [QSOS-general] License list
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:50:41 +0100

Hello,

I've just commited a license list in the CVS. The goal is to manage the
license list by hand since it won't change a lot.
The file is a basic XML sheet.

I've change the <license/> tag from the QSOS fromat to integrate license
without ID (new license).

Now we have :
<licenseid></licenseid>
<licensedesc></licensedesc>
Instead of just: <license></license>

For example:
If the software is under GNU GPL we have:
<licenseid>31</licenseid>
<licensedesc>GNU GPL<licensedesc>

Now, it the software license in not registred:
<licenseid></licenseid>
<licensedesc>Zimbra Public License</licensedesc>
We keep licenseid _EMPTY_. It we be fill _AFTER_ we have add it on the
license.xml file on the CVS.

I know that this system have some limitations but IMO, it's the best way to do
the job without database.

Cheers,

        Gonéri Le Bouder

[1]: