Re: [Qemu-ppc] (What happened to the pci_databases.c?) Adding Voodoo2 em

From: G 3
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] (What happened to the pci_databases.c?) Adding Voodoo2 emulation.
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 22:16:20 -0500

On Feb 15, 2017, at 10:02 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 15:03:10 -0500
From: Jd Lyons <address@hidden>
To: Mark Cave-Ayland <address@hidden>,
        address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] (What happened to the pci_databases.c?) Adding
        Voodoo2 emulation.

On Feb 15, 2017, at 2:07 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave- address@hidden> wrote:

On 15/02/17 13:32, Jd Lyons wrote:

Hmmmmm??? I think I downloaded it correctly, as a submodule, but I don?t understand how to build it?

I thought I was building it with the sconce I had downloaded for other site, but now I see, that changes I make to the pci_daatabase.c are having no effect, that?s why I?m ending up with a black screen, no boot, in Open Bios, whenever I try to add a device that isn?t in the pic_databsae.c.

No, you'll need to install a ppc cross-compiler (unless you're native
PPC) and use that to build the new binary.

There are plenty of tutorials on the web as to how to build a
cross-compiler so I'd suggest getting that set up first; then once
that's done take a look at the OpenBIOS wiki at
https://www.openfirmware.info/OpenBIOS for build instructions.

There is also a separate OpenBIOS mailing list which is more on-topic
for OpenBIOS-related discussion so I'd suggest moving the discussions on
setting up the build environment over there.

Thanks Mark, I was a little confuse what Cross-complier I needed.

I was wondering how you plan on implementing the Voodoo2 video card. Reverse engineer a driver? Port already existing voodoo2 emulation code to QEMU? Use documentation on Voodoo2 register layout?