[Qemu-discuss] Write serial in qemu and read in target

From: Brandon Williams
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Write serial in qemu and read in target
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:05:54 -0400

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out a way that I can write to the serial port in a thread that I have made in mac_oldworld and be able to read that serial data from my target program (currently a modified OpenBIOS).

I am writing to the essc in my mac_oldworld thread with this:
        io_mem_write(escc_mem, 48, 36, 1);

I would like to be able to read that byte on the target (OpenBIOS) side.  Does anyone have any suggestions?