[Qemu-discuss] What can I do when guest OS hangs in qemu

From: Scott Zhang
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] What can I do when guest OS hangs in qemu
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 20:30:12 +0800

Dear All:
    I have 2 computers, one runs opensuse13.1 and another one runs fedora20.
    I installed win7 guest on my opensuse13.1 use virt-manager. Then I copied the vm image to fedora 20 to start it up. Then the win7 hangs foreveer when boot show "starting window" , the top animation icon is not showing. I think the vm image is broken so I copied it back to opensuse, and it starts without any problem.
    Now I guess the problem is with the different kvm/qemu version on fedora and opensuse. I am planning to upgrade/compile kvm/qemu on fedora to use latest version to see if this can be resolved. Is there anyway to debug this?

Thanks.
Regards

2014-08-05

Scott Zhang