qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: memory API changes

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: memory API changes
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:00:02 +0000

On 23 March 2015 at 15:47, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok, so most ld*_phys users are already using cs->as.

But this is only because when the AddressSpace* argument
to ld*_phys was introduced we made it be cs->as for
existing callers, to retain the existing behaviour.
That doesn't mean that callers using cs->as are doing
the right thing. In general I would expect that any
caller that's not part of the CPU itself should not be
rummaging around inside the CPU struct to find an
AddressSpace to use...

-- PMM