qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: memory API changes

From: Igor Mammedov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: memory API changes
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 11:56:47 +0100

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:32:21 +0100
Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 23.03.2015 um 16:11 schrieb Peter Maydell:
> >>
> >> All users that should _not_ be using address_space_memory have been
> >> already changed to address_space_rw, or should have, so it can be done
> >> automatically.  Same for cpu_physical_memory_map/unmap, BTW.
> >
> > Hmm. Checking a few, I notice that for instance the kvm-all.c
> > cpu_physical_memory_rw() should probably be using cpu->as.
> [snip]
>
> Igor, does that impact our APIC discussion?
it should work but it would still be the same as we do now
i.e. APIC MMIO regions would be mapped overlapped in
address_space_memory (see 09daed84). But dispatch wouldn't
go through cpu->as listener (it's initialized only for TCG).

My hope was that with cpu->as we can get rid of 'current' usage
in APIC code. But even without that it would be nice cleanup
that removes not needed anymore icc bus and moves default APIC
mapping from board to a place where it belongs (i.e. into CPU).