qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] TCG questions

From: Lluís Vilanova
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] TCG questions
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:14:23 +0200

Xin Tong writes:

> i do not know. could be similar. I am doing architecture research. i
> need traces of memory access for programming running under a full
> system environment, so i wrote this.

> i do nto seem to be able to access the linked provided from the link
> you give me though.

> https://projects.gso.ac.upc.edu/projects/qemu-dbi/wiki

Well, if you tried to access it during the last few days, we've been having some
issues with the server.

It should all work now.

The main idea is to have an API similar in spirit to that of PIN [1]. You can
have a look at the instrumentation docs [2] for some simple examples.

I had some plans to modify QEMU's address translation mechanism to provide a
performant mechanism to retrieve physical addresses (traces of virtual addresses
are already supported), but that will have to wait until I finish some other
unrelated tasks.

[1] http://pintool.org
[2]
https://projects.gso.ac.upc.edu/projects/qemu-dbi/repository/entry/docs/instrumentation.txt#L202

Lluis

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:52 PM, 陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen)
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I have created a set of instrument API on QEMU. one can write client
>>> programs that compile into shared library. the shared library is then
>>> loaded into qemu and extract statistics out of QEMU.
>>
>> Instrument API? Same as what Liuis did?
>>
>> Regards,
>> chenwj
>>
>> [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-09/msg00379.html
>>
>> --
>> Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
>> Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,
>> Academia Sinica, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
>> Tel:886-2-2788-3799 #1667
>> Homepage: http://people.cs.nctu.edu.tw/~chenwj

 Tollbooth