qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:14:40 +0100

Am 13.03.2012 17:31, schrieb Andreas Färber:
Am 13.03.2012 11:41, schrieb Stefan Hajnoczi:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 12.03.2012 18:06, schrieb Stefano Stabellini:
Maybe every maintainer can maintain a short summary of
what he maintains, how (s)he does it (repository, expected
response time, ...) in the QEMU wiki. I just added
http://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/StartHere#Maintainers
and improved my own wiki page ("leading by example :-)").

While I understand the sentiment, I don't think duplicating
./MAINTAINERS on the wiki is a good idea. I suggest linking solely to
the ./MAINTAINERS file from the wiki instead of actually listing
people.

I have not removed your edit because I wanted to see what you think first.

My intention was simply to allow (and encourage) maintainers
to explain their way of working and to allow users to get this
information easily.

We already have it duplicated here:

http://wiki.qemu.org/Features

I'd suggest to drop that page.

Andreas

Duplicating information is not necessary of course, but it does not harm
in a wiki as long as it is easy to keep the information up to date.
Adding links for every maintainer on the Feature page would help.
Comments and git tree could be moved to the personal page of every
maintainer.

I have no special preference how the maintainers should be listed in the wiki, but I think they should be listed there (not only in MAINTAINERS) because that allows links. I just merged the existing list of developers and the maintainer
list (http://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/StartHere#Developers_and_Maintainers).
Do you think that's a better and possible solution?

Regards,
Stefan W.