qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:24:12 +0100

Am 12.03.2012 21:27, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
On 03/12/2012 03:12 PM, Stefan Weil wrote:

We also need more resources for technical maintenance of the
QEMU infrastructure. For example, the official mirror of the
QEMU git repository (https://github.com/qemu/QEMU) is several
months behind, http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git is
even older.

Savannah is a dead tree.  I should just remove it.

Is this your personal opinion or was it widely discussed here?

Removing data which never gets updates is of course clearly better
than pretending that it is up to date, but maybe there are more
options (see below).

Re: github, this hasn't seemed that urgent to me.

It should be possible to have three mirrors which
are nearly up to date (like http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu.git/).

There are still a lot of links pointing to QEMU on Savannah,
that's why I'd neither remove the git repo there nor the
project page.

Maintaining a web page at Savannah which redirects to qemu.org
and having a git mirror which automatically synchronizes
with the official git repository would be a good idea
(this is my personal opinion). I offer to setup and
maintain it, if I get the necessary rights.

Regards,

Stefan Weil