qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU desired libiscsi.so clashes with libiscsi.so from

From: ronnie sahlberg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU desired libiscsi.so clashes with libiscsi.so from iscsi-initiator-utils
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 22:06:38 +1100

Sorry about this.

First, libiscsi is a really good name for a general purpose
multiplatform library, like libiscsi.
Second,  a generic name like this is a horribly poor idea for a single
distribution/ single use / obscure private library.

I want to solve a problem  to make it available on all platforms.
I dont like to chose a suboptimal name for this reason,  but I thought
I had no choice.

I am not really excited with the concept of "obscure single use
private library polluting the namespace like this" but what are my
options ?
I can live with renaming my library if that is what it takes.

What do you want me to do ?
Tell me and I will do it.

regards
ronnie sahlberg