qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Call for help in reviewing patches (!kvm & linux-user)

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Call for help in reviewing patches (!kvm & linux-user)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 01:32:17 +0200

Hi all,

My impression is that few persons have interest in linux-user or
non-KVM targets areas, at least from the development point of view.
I personally don't care about linux-user code, though I have tried to
merge patches in this area anyway, as otherwise they are just
bitrotting on the mailing list.

On the other hand there are quite more people at least following the
development in these areas, as when something is broken, you are usually
told that quite quickly.

The result is that most of the patches I am merging have been reviewed
only by me. This is not very good from the quality point of view, more
people reviewing the code, means less risk of breakage. Reviewing
patches also takes a lot of time, and it is very frustrating for me to
spend most of my time on QEMU merging patches, while I would also like
to spend time writing QEMU code instead. Some days when I open my mail
client on the QEMU folder and see a few patch series posted, I just want
to close it asap.

This is therefore a call for help. If you want patches to get merged
more quickly, and with less risk of breakage, don't hesitate to review
patches posted on the mailing list, and send your comments or an
Acked-by:. This really helps when reviewing the patches.

Aurelien

PS: This is not directed to any person, and some persons are already
    doing that, but it's just not enough.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net