qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] wiki.qemu.org

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] wiki.qemu.org
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:53:18 -0600

On 01/29/2010 02:29 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
Hi,

Am 29.01.2010 um 20:44 schrieb Anthony Liguori:

I need to figure out what to do with the current texi documentation. I think it makes sense to move qemu-doc.texi to a wiki page and remove it from the source repository. The other option would be to link to it as an external page and keep it within revision control.

The latter allows to have a stable version on the website and a development version inside the repository. Otherwise we would either document unavailable options or, if we don't, probably forget adding Wiki documentation after a release. Also, would you want to ship a snapshot of the Wiki page with the source tarballs?

If we have documentation on the website, I think it may be appropriate to just include a man page in the source tarball and leave all of the other documentation on the website.

I think our user manual is currently a bit difficult to read through and is certainly out of date in a lot of places. My expectation is that putting it on the wiki would result in it becoming quite a bit more readable and quite a bit more up-to-date.

The Wiki looks more pretty though. :)

Yeah, I like it too. The theme is the same as what's used on wiki.mozilla.org.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,
Andreas