qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Kind request for some support in porting QEMU

From: Michael Rathgeb
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Kind request for some support in porting QEMU
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:19:10 +0100

Hi.

I am about to select QEMU as basis for a testing platform. Before I can decide on that issue, I need some support

By you QEMU-experts. I kindly as for some valuable help in that respect.

At this point I have to let you know, that I am – not jet – deeply skilled to write software (just VBA macros).

(For that reason my question might be somehow complicated.)

Ok:

I need to know which SRC-code I do have to understand / to modify in order to achieve the following:

Host: WIN Vista (Qemu ist already running properly on my Host System)

Target-Guest-System: New / not available on market (in order to be able to understand your answers let’s assume target is x86 – NOT LINUX because I’m not familiar to that OS)

QUESTIONs:

Is it possible to modify QEMU for Target x86 to accept x86 assembler (as usual) but

               before issuing microcode for execution towards the host processor

to modify every statement and Operand (e.g. by XOR_ing with a given register value)?

I think, this will be possible.

The Question is just HOW and WHERE within the SRC-code of Qemu 10.

I’d really appreciate good advice and – sure – will let you know – if successful – about our developments as regards the new OS.

Kind Regards

Michael