qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] how can i mount a folder as a qemu disk?

From: Paulo Silva
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] how can i mount a folder as a qemu disk?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:43:51 +0000

thanking the all answers so far (and expecting for more indeed)
as far i didn't have samba installed yet (lazyness), and i confess i'm
not that skilled to configure networks...

for this, i would suggest qemu having a folder mounting as imagedisk,
just like happened on UAE and Basilisk, and making us able to emulate
operating systems not having network support, and with an easy access
to the base operating system files - and this situation like
'sometimes works and sometimes don't, because samba lack of support',
would be very annoying being so dependant to that issues...

would be interesting if, when we set in the command line, a directory
instead of a imagedisk ( like '-hdc ~/.qemu/hd/' instead of '-hdc
~/.qemu/hd50mb.img'), would be very interesting... - if UAE and
Basilisk can do that, i think Qemu could do as well - maybe getting
some code from there? (sorry not being that skilled on C coding, i
really wanted to help on it....)

thanks!