qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Extremely slow graphic updates

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Extremely slow graphic updates
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:15:33 -0500

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 06:09:33PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Ah, that rings me a bell. There was problem with that, something like
> now that sdl uses SDL_BlitSurface/SDL_Flip there is an X roundtrip,
> which is awfully slow over ssh.  Would you be able to try without ssh?

That would be tricky since it is running on another machine.  I will
try.  I do believe someone else said that they could confirm the slow
behaviour with 6336 running locally as well.  It may be that some X
drivers are slow at SDL_Flip and SDL_BlitSurface.

Hmm, my X server isn't compiled to allow tcp connections (only local
sockets), so avoiding ssh looks hard too.

Maybe Xvnc can do it.  yeah Xvnc4 as an X server did the job, and I
vnc'd to it so qemu was running entirely locally on the machine with an
X connection.  Works at normal speed.

So how does one fix this, since the change in 6336 makes it rather
painful for those where SDL_Flip and company are inefficient.

--
Len Sorensen