qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] atapi on ppc issue (was Re: qemu-system-ppc broken ?)

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] atapi on ppc issue (was Re: qemu-system-ppc broken ?)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:56:58 +0100

Am 10.11.2008 um 21:27 schrieb François Revol:

Of course it'd be much better to switch to a real OF instead...
but I don't have the time for that, couldn't find usable OpenBIOS
images,

I once tried to get OpenBIOS working but failed, Laurent appeared to
get some further - any update on that?

I tried building it for PPC yesterday, but I only had an powerpc- apple-
haiku- gcc around, and it didn't like it... Even after pointing it to
find our stdint.h and endian.h

Try a Linux (cross-)compiler, I tried natively on Linux/ppc.

(WTF does it need OS headers to build a
BIOS ???).

It also builds a version you can execute from the shell.

Andreas