qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux kernel image for Emulator - Regd.

From: Sudheer Papothi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux kernel image for Emulator - Regd.
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:46:17 +0530

Laurent Desnogues wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Sudheer Papothi
<address@hidden> wrote:

qemu: fatal: Bad mode 0

Your kernel is probably writing some undefined mode in
the CPSR.  Most implementations will translate that to
another valid mode, qemu doesn't.

Laurent

Thanks Laurent

ARM Linux kernel is built with arm-gnu-eabi  cross  compiler toolchain (from code sourcery).

I dont think this will be a problem (correct me if i am wrong). It creates normal zImage as well as uImage (with the help of mkimage )

Can you please brief the point "Most implementations will translate that to another valid mode, qemu does n't"

Can you please  suggest any other options to test/debug my basic linux kernel image as I dont have the real hardware yet.
--
Thanks & Regards
Sudheer