qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] A bug of running existing windows xp from x86 64linuxho

From: Jie Zhang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] A bug of running existing windows xp from x86 64linuxhost
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 23:03:21 +0800

Sergey Bychkov wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jie Zhang" <address@hidden>
A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

With this message - this is NT boot record could not access disk. Possibly, this is bug in qemu, but only debugger could help. Maybe, qemu doesn't provide good access to big disk, or BIOS services in bochsbios don't do this.

How can I debug this issue? Can I capture each access to disk? I'm not familiar with i386. Is all disk access thorough INT 0x13? Where can I add a dump of CHS?

Jie