qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Request for Qemu bugzilla

From: Julian Seward
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Request for Qemu bugzilla
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:38:54 +0100

> [discussion about where to host a bugzilla]

Perhaps a more important question is, is there interest in making
a stable branch, tracking bugs and producing bug-fix-only releases
from the stable branch?  As is traditional in (eg) gcc, etc?  If not,
I don't think there is much point in having a bugzilla.

> While QEMU is officially still in alpha stage ;) I'd agree that an
> issue tracking system can be useful.

It could be argued that QEMU would be more likely to move beyond
alpha state if these traditional kinds of QA mechanisms were actually
put into place and then used.